New Tires

Subject: New Tires
From: "Dave Moag" <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 15:36:24 -0700
Hi Listers,

Well, I bought some Pirelli P4000 185/65R15 for the minilight replicas for
my TR3. The handling is so much better it actually feels like an entirely
new car. I'll start actually feeling OK driving it places soon... except
I've run into a problem.

After about 20-30 minutes of test driving it all around last night the front
tires started to squeal. I don't mean just during turns, but constant
squealing as you are driving perfectly straight down a residential street. I
boosted the air up to 39 (they max at 44) but it doesn't seem to be getting
any better. Any ideas of what is going on? The squealing feels like it gets
worse sometimes when going down hill, and actually squeal less when you are
turning, but maybe that's just my imagination. When I am not in the car
there certainly seems to be enough clearance around the tire, and I never
feel or sense any rubbing even when pulling a very tight u-turn. I'm stumped
about what to do next.

Thanks!

Dave Moag
62 TR3B