Re: Pad under TR4A hood

To: "Dave B. Hammond" <dbh@hamengr.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h47MTJbH018153
Subject: Re: Pad under TR4A hood
From: Anthony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 18:27:08 -0400
The pad looks like really tatty pressed board.  Halfway between cardboard
and particle board.  However, it is not hard;
it does have some give to it when squeezed.  Cork is harder, and felt is
definitely softer.  I will have to look hard for the right stuff.

One person said they used the thick matting that is used inside TR3 seats.
Since I have not seen that stuff, I can't really comment
on how that matches.

I guess I could use the original pad, but I would rather get something new.
 I have cork with a soft pad on top as my back-up
buffer.

-Tony

Message text written by "Dave B. Hammond"
>I believe the pad was also fitted to TR4's. At the last VTR, one of the
4's
had this pad which he claimed was original. I don't think it was felt,
maybe
cork.
David B
69TR6