Pad under TR4A hood

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h46MbQbH013800
Subject: Pad under TR4A hood
From: Anthony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 18:35:34 -0400
Mt quite original TR4A which is undergoing resoration had a fiber pad which
measured 2" diameter and about 5/8" thick attached
to the underside of the hood directly over the thermostat housing.  (I
suppose to protect the hood from excessive shake and striking
the housing).  My pad is very deteriorated.  Does anyone know more about
these pads?

What are they made of?  Mine seems to be a very compressed natural fiber
with laminated layers about 3/16" thick.  Where can I get something
similar?

-Tony