Re: Pad under TR4A hood

To: "Anthony Rhodes" <ARhodes@compuserve.com>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pad under TR4A hood
From: "Gerald Van Vlack" <jerryvv@alltel.net>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 20:06:37 -0400
  From: Anthony Rhodes
  To: Triumph List
  Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2003 6:35 PM
  Subject: Pad under TR4A hood

  Mt quite original TR4A which is undergoing resoration had a fiber pad which
  measured 2" diameter and about 5/8" thick attached
  to the underside of the hood directly over the thermostat housing.  (I
  suppose to protect the hood from excessive shake and striking
  the housing).  My pad is very deteriorated.  Does anyone know more about
  these pads?

  What are they made of?  Mine seems to be a very compressed natural fiber
  with laminated layers about 3/16" thick.  Where can I get something
  similar?

  -Tony