re: Pad under TR4A hood

To: ARhodes@compuserve.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Pad under TR4A hood
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 05:32:50 EDT
Tony,
I have seen this unusual TR4A hood protector recently on an absolutely
original 35,000 mile TR4A. It looks like that undercarpet stuff called jute
(I think). The pad I saw was almost perfect condition - a light beige straw
like fibrous stuff cut in a circle shape. A thick piece of dense beige foam
might work well as replacement if originality not critical.
On my car I've never had a problem with the thermostat housing touching the
hood - but maybe the TR4A raised the motor mounts a bit?
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

My quite original TR4A which is undergoing resoration had a fiber pad which
measured 2" diameter and about 5/8" thick attached
to the underside of the hood directly over the thermostat housing.
Tony<<