Re: Car shows- slight rant

To: "Greg Tobin" <gtobin@channelpoint.com>
Subject: Re: Car shows- slight rant
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 18:34:01 -0400
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
.)  Now, I know this is normally a bad thing, and was prepared to have
> to pay a few extra $ to put the car on the field simply as an late entry.
> Except that it wasn't a few extra $, it was somewhere over 75$, and I
would
> have had to enter some other number of events to have it put on the field.
>     It was a good show otherwise, but seemed rather more stuffy than other
> shows I've been too, at least after having been turned back at the gate.
>
> -Greg Tobin
Greg, I very much disagree with your complete post on VTR 2001, the entire
dialoge is 100% B.S.
VTR 2001 was a very well organized show for everyone to attend and not just
for the travelers, so many fine people from Colorado at the events each day,
and many arriving just for the weekend, yours is the only complaint I have
heard about the convention, maybe you can show up in Red Wing if you just
let the home club know your plans they will hold up every event until you
arrive, this is from just one of the very stuffy people that had a great 5
days in Breckenridge with some very fine stuffy people that made it all
worthwhile.  "FY"