RE: Car shows- slight rant

To: TR250Driver@aol.com, Greg Tobin <gtobin@channelpoint.com>
Subject: RE: Car shows- slight rant
From: Greg Tobin <gtobin@channelpoint.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 13:30:16 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
  I think that VTR will miss out on a variety of local people (regardless of
location) that would otherwise like to show off their cars, decrepit or not,
due to this.

  I think people, if they are local to the event area, take a differing
approach to the event.  Not committing themsleves to the whole week off from
work, driving across the country, they're not as likely to want to spend two
or three days doing all the extra stuff.

   CO was probably an exception to the rule, as Breckenridge is a decent
drive from any metro area, but that drive on it's own, either from Denver or
elsewhere in the state, is what I would classify as a driving event for VTR.
11500 feet over Hoosier Pass in an underpowered Spitfire is nothing to take
lightly!

-Greg