RE: Car shows- slight rant

Subject: RE: Car shows- slight rant
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 16:29:30 -0700
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
>  this is from just one of the very stuffy people that had a great 5
> days in Breckenridge with some very fine stuffy people that made it all
> worthwhile.  "FY"

Now Fred, calm down.  You're even getting your own initials wrong !

Greg, I can see how you would be upset, being turned away at the gate and
all.  But, VTR has a long standing rule that in order to be entered in the
show, your car must have participated in one of the driving events.  I
happen to think that's a very good idea, helps keep out the 'ringers'.  I
have been to other car shows (non LBC) where there were award winning cars
that didn't even run !

Price is always an issue, but keep in mind that you were asking to get into
the main event, of a convention that the rest of us paid far more for.  Half
price, to attend the main event plus a driving event, doesn't seem
unreasonable to me.

BTW, I agree with Fred, RMTC did a great job, and I thoroughly enjoyed the
event.

Randall