newbie on list, somewhat long

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: newbie on list, somewhat long
From: "E Klos" <chevynova@peoplepc.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 22:24:57 -0400
Just joined the list, I've always been the habit of introducing myself on the
lists that I join.  My name is Eric Klos, living in the Metro Detroit area
right now (I've been moving a lot lately), 21 years old, work for Ford in a
trim plant.  Triumphs are really the only car that I can honestly say that I
have liked ever since I got into cars, my favorite is the Spitfire, altho the
TR-7 does something for me too (don't ask why, I don't know, lol) I've always
loved the small european drop top roadsters and sports cars, and currently
running a 1989 Saab 900, unfortunetly its a hard top tho.  I always stop to
drool over the Triumphs, Fiats, MGs, classic Saabs, Opels and Lotuses I see on
the road.  Anyway, I'm currently looking at getting myself a Spitfire, altho
the people on my Saab board say that there are two things that one should
never be to do while in therapy (I'm a manic depressive too)-get a tattoo, or
buy a Triumph.  I've heard plenty of horror stories about Triumphs, namely a
massive oil leak problem they all seem to have, but then I also heard similar
horror stories about Saabs, and so far I've haven't any major problems with my
900.  I know the answers here will be slightly biased, but would it be an
unwise decision on my part to get a Spitfire, and expect to be a decent daily
driver with minimal problems given regular maintenace?  My only requirements
is that it has to be a rag top and a manual gearbox........thanks

Eric Klos   Metro Detroit area, Michigan
1989 Saab 900-daily driver