Re: Metal Dash Panel for TR4

To: "culture.virus" <culturevirus@mindspring.com>, "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Subject: Re: Metal Dash Panel for TR4
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 11:30:44 -0500
Cc: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
-----Original Message-----
From: culture.virus <culturevirus@mindspring.com>
To: Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Date: Saturday, July 14, 2001 11:10 AM

>Thanks for the pics Brian, that is the panel/bezel in question. I've seen a
>few TR4's that were early enough to have the shiny panel but they did not.
>Mine is the only one I've seen.

Ours (CT2846L) has the shiny one.

I was beginning to doubt the originality of
>the panel. I guess I really need to get Piggott's book. Since we're talking
>about minor early '4 details, I've also wondered about the dash support
>bracket. My original one is cast aluminun and covered in vinyl. I don't see
>any black paint under the peeling vinyl.

I think ours is black metal, not covered in vinyl.

"Kids haven't lost the feeling that the sense of wonder is more important
than wondering what makes sense.  And if that doesn't define what it takes
to like British cars, I don't know what does." -Scott Fisher