Re: Metal Dash Panel for Tr4

To: ArthurK101@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Metal Dash Panel for Tr4
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 20:57:09 EDT
Cc: BPSharpe@kimbanet.com
Patrick,
I had a similar problem with my 62 TR4.  When I purchased it the previous
owner had screwed in an after market wood dash to the original steel dash.
Since I was determined to have a white dash TR4 and the original one was
ruined with screw holes I bought an entire dash from a used parts dealer, had
it painted and installed the whole dash.  As I recall it was not that hard of
a job.  Just followed the instructions in the Haynes manual.  With some help
from two buddies we accomplished it in one day.  In my opinion the white dash
is a distinctive, very desirable feature and a must for an early TR4.
Therefore worth the effort.  Be careful when purchasing a used dash because
there are two different ones.  If your center cluster gauges do not have
lights in them you need the early dash which has two brackets to hold the
bulbs.
Cheers,
Darrell Floyd