RE: Metal Dash Panel for TR4

To: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Subject: RE: Metal Dash Panel for TR4
From: "culture.virus" <culturevirus@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 09:11:09 -0700
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Thanks for the pics Brian, that is the panel/bezel in question. I've seen a
few TR4's that were early enough to have the shiny panel but they did not.
Mine is the only one I've seen. I was beginning to doubt the originality of
the panel. I guess I really need to get Piggott's book. Since we're talking
about minor early '4 details, I've also wondered about the dash support
bracket. My original one is cast aluminun and covered in vinyl. I don't see
any black paint under the peeling vinyl. Is the vinyl also a distinctive
feature of early '4s? Or is it something a PO thought looked nice?