Re: Metal Dash Panel for TR4

To: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>, "culture.virus" <culturevirus@mindspring.com>, "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Subject: Re: Metal Dash Panel for TR4
From: "Gary Allgood" <leyte@lvs.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 08:34:05 -0500
Cc: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
All,

My dash support was a fine wrinkle black finish. I purchased it as the
original one was no where to be found when I purchased my early TR4.

I also had a difficult time finding the facia panel which bolts between the
bottom of the dash and the top of the dash support. Turns out a local Healey
club member had a early 4 he was restoring and his facia panel was sitting
in the trunk for me to see. I asked if I could use it as a template to make
my own and the rest is history. BTW.... An early IBM XT computer case is the
same thickness as the facia panel, yes I can now say my Triumph has a
computer in it...

I purchased the black crinkle finish paint from Vicky Brit and put a fresh
coat of paint on both pieces. They look pretty good now.

Gary

Gary Allgood
62 TR4 CT/3795-LO
www.sltoa.org