Re: STAG lovers..good article

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: STAG lovers..good article
From: "Michael Gajic" <michaelgajic@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 13:07:51 +1000 FILETIME=[5565A360:01C10CDB]
When compared with the pagoda top Mercedes the Stag was a far better value
proposition. Its a crying shame that the Stag didn't live up to its
potential. Stags are great cars when well sorted and are very popular over
here in Australia (they sold new here until 77/78). They are arguably the
most common Triumphs you see on Australian roads, I dare say I see more
daily driver Stags than saloons!

They are great value over here- a top class example would probably go for
about AU$20,000 which is well below the value of any TR in similar
condition. A good example would go for about AU$12-15,000 and then there is
a considerable drop in prices for Stags that have not been well cared for.
I'm not sure what the situation is like in the US as far fewer were sold new
over there. I would be interested to hear about Stag values, numbers and
general condition of the remaining US
Stags.

Regards,
Michael Gajic