Re: Tough decisions

To: ghutmacher@stanleyworks.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tough decisions
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 09:11:43 -0800
Greg,

Your comments also apply to the current state of driving on California
roads, unfortunately.  For some reason, it seems whenever someone sits
behind the wheel of an SUV or 4X4, they act like they own the road and are
exempt from any type of courtesy and obeying the rules of road.  Stop
signs/red lights seem to be just a suggestion!  Using your indicators when
making a turn or lane change is rare.  I have to be on the defensive the
entire time I'm on the road.  And I do believe it is an attitude on the
part of the these drivers.  When we are in the family sedan, we are victim
of all types of aggressive and inconsiderate drivers.  However, when in the
truck( I have an F150, too) we are left alone.  It appears, that if one can
intimidate they will - along as they are smaller then you!

My TR6 is a daily driver, too.  Fortunately, I can take side streets to
most destinations and avoid the freeways during rush hours.  I have
fantasized about installing an air horn as used on 18-wheelers just to put
people on notice;-)

Dave,
San Diego, Ca
1970 TR6 CP51649

My nice,unmolested 76 TR6 sits in the garage waiting for the occasional
pleasure
drive and our two daily drivers are a Chevy Suburban and a Ford F150
extended cab truck.  If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!   ("Yeah, that's
right, buddy.  You just try cutting into my lane and we'll see whose truck
is tougher!" :-) )  Regards, Greg "Mad Max" Hutmacher