Re: Tough decisions

To: Brad Kahler <brad.kahler@141.com>
Subject: Re: Tough decisions
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 19:33:39 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Thu, 28 Jan 1999, Brad Kahler wrote:

> I don't know about any of you but for some reason its always real tough for
> me to spend needed money on my daily transportation.  But when it comes
> time for one of my Triumphs to get a part, its ordered immediately!

I've spent x hours outside in the rain, at the wreckers, sawing / bending
/ breaking / removing some disgusting part off a Chevette so that I can
keep IT going for another month... then I go out and buy the MOST
expensive TR4 brake pads I can find.

Coincidence?  We think not.

However, when I find a Really Good Deal on Triumph stuff, I nab it.  I
paid $110 for a set of 4 brang-new 165SR15s, had to drive like mad for
half an hour to get there, and pray the bank hadn't sucked the $ out of my
account before I could... but it was worth it.  (better than riding on
7yr old tires, complete with going-too-fast wear and sitting-too-long
cracks)

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm