Tough decisions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, "'TDTR3@aol.com'" <TDTR3@aol.com>
Subject: Tough decisions
From: "Hutmacher, Greg" <ghutmacher@stanleyworks.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 10:16:20 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
How I wish I could still use my TR6 as my daily driver!  I envy you. But I
learned the hard way. I've had four TR6's over the years and have lost two
of them to big vehicles that didn't see my little six in traffic. One was a
guy in a large 4x4 pickup truck who was in front of me waiting at a traffic
light when he suddenly decided he was in the wrong lane.  In a matter of one
second, his reverse lights came on and he stepped on the gas and backed
right on top of the front half of my six.  It was a massacre.  The other was
a guy in a Suburban who turned head-on into my path when I was driving down
a divided highway.  Totaled a nice 73 TR6.  The impact was so strong that my
gas cap assembly broke loose and flew through the cockpit right past my ear
and smashed through the windscreen from behind (the top was down). He said
he was trying to make a left and never saw me. And that's not counting the
hundreds of close calls that I was able to escape through evasive driving.
The combat realities of the grueling 25 mile traffic commute that I face
each day force me to take to the road prepared for battle.  My nice,
unmolested 76 TR6 sits in the garage waiting for the occasional pleasure
drive and our two daily drivers are a Chevy Suburban and a Ford F150
extended cab truck.  If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!   ("Yeah, that's
right, buddy.  You just try cutting into my lane and we'll see whose truck
is tougher!" :-) )  Regards, Greg "Mad Max" Hutmacher