Re[2]: Tough decisions

To: "Richard Taylor" <rgt3000@one.net>, "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re[2]: Tough decisions
From: Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov (Bud Rolofson)
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 09:27:10 -0500
I agree!  I can  easily spend money on the TR4A, but when I need to Fix Or
Repair Daily my other vehicles, I hate it.

Rick
TR4A CT57505L

I've found a way to enjoy fixing my other vehicles even though it takes me away
from the TR6.

I keep a mental account of how much I save by doing it myself and can then
justify spending that (plus a little extra if needed) on the 6.

For example; fix 4x4 transfer case on Explorer=savings of $400 to spend on the 6
(oil cooler, stainless steel hose kit, and new seat belts from Moss); replace
cracked fan on Explorer=$200(various parts $250 from TRF); repair and paint rear
door on Explorer that the wife bashed by sideswiping the basketball pole=$450 (5
new Yohohama tires $276, plus lots of good will from my wife for not blowing my
stack). Hey I wanted to practice painting on another car before I did some
touchups on my TR6 anyhow.

I credit the list for giving me the courage to attempt a lot of repairs not just
on my 6 but also my other cars.  I know if I screw up I have 400-500 mechanics
out there to help bail me out of any situation.

Bud 71TR6 CC57365
   71TR6 CC65446