Re: Looking at a 7

To: Brian Borgstede <borgstede@umsl.edu>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Looking at a 7
From: Tom Beaver <beaver@spillmanco.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 10:08:38 -0500
At 07:12 PM 1/27/99 -0500, you wrote:

>A buddy of mine at work is looking at a
>TR7, Five speed, soft top.
>What points should he be looking at (for)?
Interior parts are hard to come by. Check all electrics. Run heater.
>Where does it rust?
Front fender lips, bottoms of both doors, along side seam, rear of top in
front of trunk deck along this seam, behind rear wheels, spare wheel area,
front shock towers. Get underneath and look at rear trailing arms where
they attach body.
>Where is the hidden rust?
Where you can't see it. See above.
>What does he look for around the head?
Temperature guage is the key here. Make sure you let it warm up and drive
it. Temp guage should not go behond half.. Check for coolant leaks inside
and out. Check condition of coolant(oil) and oil. >