RE: Overheating fixed

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Overheating fixed
From: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 15:33:56 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
well, generally correct as long as its resticted to water/radiator
surface area contact, but there is no means of indefinitely faster water
flow through the engine just because you remove the thermostate. A) you
should fit a blanking sleeve, to slow it down a bit, B) the water flow
is restricted by the water pump capacity. This in turn is restricted by
the flow through the engine and cylinder head. And I think you make a
fault if you think a smaller opening would slow down the speed, in fact,
it slows down the flow but not the speed, which increases. compare it to
a sweezed water hose, lower or equal flow, higher speed. So. I won't
bore you with going into laminar and turbulent flow theories to extend
the thread.

Gernot