Re: Overheating fixed

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Overheating fixed
From: "Andrew Dixon" <adixon@loudoun.com>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 05:54:52 -0400
>From practical experience I have to agree with this line of reasoning.
My other hobby is brewing beer and one of the steps is to lower the
temperature of the wort as quickly as possible before pitching the yeast. I
used to use an immersion chiller, a coil of copper tubing immersed in the
wort connected to the tap (faucet) with water running through it.  If I let the
water run fast, it was still cool at the outlet and the wort took forever to
cool
down, while if I slowed down the flow of water it was hot enough at the outlet
that I couldn't hold my hand under it and it sped up the cooling process. Still
a terrible waste of water though.
Now, having said that, maybe there's some magic in a closed system that
turns my observation on its head.
Andy

On 05/15/98 12:09 AM Joe Curry said...

]