TR 250/TR5 door mirror

To: "Triumph Owners" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR 250/TR5 door mirror
From: aephoto <aephoto@netacc.net>
Date: Fri, 15 May 98 10:07:07 -0400
At Carlisle, in the car show, I saw a very nice blue-green 4A from
Ontario with a door mirror which I like very much. (the owner was not
present to ask him these questions) Checking Piggot's book, this mirror
was standard on the TR5/250. It has a curved arm with a round base and a
trapazoidal mirror. The Roadster Factory lists it in the 250 catalog.
They said it was a reproduction piece and 'out of stock'. Victoria
British illustrates a 'straight arm fender mirror' with a 'curved arm'
version also available. An ad in one of the British magazines has four
mirrors and arms stating that they are all interchangable.

Does anyone have first hand knowledge of this mirror and the stock
available from Vic Brit, TRF etc.

Allen Hess
TR4 Ct13678L