Re: Overheating fixed

To: John Cowan <jfcowan@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Overheating fixed
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 00:09:35 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
John,
One thing that often gets lost in this conversation, is that while
removing the thermostat often makes the temperature gauge read lower.
But does this mean that the engine is cooler?  Or maybe the water is
cooler.  If the water is moving faster through the engine and doesn't
pick up as much heat, it would appear by the gauge that the engine is
cooler when in fact it may not be.

In my very humble opinion, the thermostat should never be removed from a
car during normal operation.  Surely those engineers know more than I
do.

Joe Curry

--

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer