Re: Overheating fixed

To: John Cowan <jfcowan@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Overheating fixed
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 03:55:35 -0400
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
John Cowan wrote:

>    With all due respect to Trevor: Saying it don't make it so. Far from
> being debunked, the assertion that there is an optimum flow rate for
> maximum heat transfer out the radiator has received ample backup on the
> list.

  The shortest and simplest proof of it I have seen is this:

  The water couples the engine to the radiator. The faster it flows,
the greater the coupling.

  ...with #2 going to...

  The hotter the radiator is, the more heat it can disperse. The
radiator
will be the hottest when ALL the water in all parts of the system is
the same temperature, or as close as possible. The faster the water
flows, the closer to ideal this system will be.

  ...and #3 goes to......etc.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/