Re: powder-coat

To: db10782@insync.net
Subject: Re: powder-coat
From: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 09 May 1998 05:56:17 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Doug Bach wrote:

> I'd be careful when purchasing a kit for "home" powder coating if you're
> expecting optimum results.  As the  VP of Marketing for the largest powder
> coatings manufacturer in North America, I could go on for hours about the
> downside of the "ease of powder coating by amateurs".  However (thankfully?)
> I won't.  Suffice it say, this is an industrial process, and for best
> results, always will be.  "Nuff said. <G>
>
> Doug Bach
>
> fred thomas wrote:
>
> > Listers, anyone that has purchased a powder-coating kit, could you please
> > contact me direct, thanks   "FT"

Doug, what com. are you the V.P.? I may be incorrect but like most
hobbiest when very good products come along with a way of saving a lot of
money I'm all for it. On small auto related items this home kit is very
usefull, and the larger industrial shops don't want this business anyway.
My local shop that I did business with a few years ago charges 100.00 to
do any amount of nuts and bolts, their reasoning, they are to much
trouble and if I charge enough people will not bring them to me, I don't
want that business anyway. So where do I take my nuts & bolts as I do not
have 100.00 for a 5.00 job. Yes there is a need for these kits as well as
a place for attitudes like my ex-local shop. Where is your shop located
??