Re: TR4 Commision Number question

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR4 Commision Number question
From: Chip Old <fold@bcpl.net>
Date: Sat, 9 May 1998 06:39:01 -0400 (EDT)
CT3154 (Body Number 1845CT) does have the screw, but that's well before
the commission number range you're interested in.

The factory Spare Parts Catalogue shows most body tub changes by body
number, not by commission number. Do you know the body number of this
mystery TR4?

Unfortunately the Spare Parts Catalogue isn't helpful in this case. It
shows the same outer wing for the entire TR4 production run, but with an
unspecified change in the inner wing (the "Front Wheelarch Closing Panel")
at body number 37689CT.  If we assume body numbers progressed more or less
along with commission numbers, that puts it well after the commission
number range you're looking at.

On Fri, 8 May 1998, HDRIDER570 wrote:

> I am trying to identify the year of a TR4 body tub.  Much of the sheet metal
> has been changed but one thing that I did notice is that the front point of
> the front fender just past the last regular sized front fender attachment
> screws is a small sheet metal screw attaching the inner and outer fenders.
> The head diameter is about 1/4".  I looked at CT 22027 and it does not have
> this screw.  CT4862 does have it.  Could anyone with a TR4 that falls between
> these two numbers please take a minute and check your front fender and let me
> know if your car has this screw or not?
>
> To check open the bonnet and look at the inner fender where it comes to a
> point by the headlight.  The screw should be within a 1/2" of the tip of the
> point just forward of the front large fender mounting screw.
>
> John Hamer.

Chip Old (Francis E. Old)                  E-Mail:  fold@bcpl.net
Administrator, Internetworking Services    Voice:   410-887-6180
Baltimore County Public Library            FAX:     410-887-2091
320 York Road                              ICBM:    39.39910 N
Towson, Maryland 21204 U.S.A.                       76.60300 W