Re: Head/head gasket

To: William West <will_thane@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: Head/head gasket
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 18:29:55 -0800
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Will,
Make sure the deck is clean, coat the head gasket with Copper-coat. Make
sure the gasket is oriented properly (up/down as indicated on the
gasket)

Install the head and tighten the bolts in the pattern recommended in
Haynes.  Start with just more than hand tignt and repeat, continuing to
increase the torque until the specified tightness  is reached.

Install the rocker assembly and adjust the valves cold.  Hook up all the
rest of the peripheral equipment (add coolant/oil, etc).

Start the engine and bring it up to operating temperature.  While it is
still hot, take off the rocker assembly and re-torque the head in the
same sequence as before.  Re-install the rocker assembly and let thge
engine cool.  Readjust the valves (cold) and put all the finishing stuff
back on and you are finished.

After about 500 miles, tetorque the head again.

--
"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible
 to travel across the country coast to coast without seeing