Re: Head/head gasket

To: "William West" <will_thane@email.msn.com>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Head/head gasket
From: "Dean C. Paige" <ecopaige@metro.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 13:14:46 -0800
What worked for me on TR-6. Gasket head and block clean and free of oil
grease etc. Sequentially torqe head nuts to 20, 40 then 60 lbs. assemble
rockers and start engine, run to operating temperature. Shut down engine
and retorque to specs while engine is still hot. Drive 500 miles or so and
retorque once again. Torque specs for 1500 probably vary from the TR specs.

So far so good.

Dean