Re: Head/head gasket

To: stu.jo@ibm.net
Subject: Re: Head/head gasket
From: "Thomas A. Strange" <jantoms@vbe.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 17:49:56 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
stu-jo bollen wrote:

> Allen Nugent wrote:
> >
> > Tom,
> >
> > At 18:52 20/02/98 -0800, you wrote:
> >
> > >I agree fully with Dean.  NO SEALANT ON A HEAD GASKET......

 I recently refasced the heads on my TR8 and replaced them without
> sealer. After 2000 miles still OK. I did retorque after 200 miles, but
> did not get any more movement. I used all new bolts however, which I'm
> told is important
> Stu
> 74 TR6 80 TR8

Absolutely right!!! Never use used hardware if new is available.  Torque
specs are based on "stretch" & used hardware has already been stretched
at least once.  Used hardware is okay only when absolutely necessary.

Tom Strange, Classic Autosports Ltd., Appleton, Wi.,  920-733-5013