Re: Cleaning Elec. Connections

To: Ed Hutchinson <hutch837@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Cleaning Elec. Connections
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 11:34:05 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Wed, 28 Jan 1998, Ed Hutchinson wrote:

> I've been forced to clean some of the electrical connections
> on my TR6.  Using a small wire brush does a pretty quick
> job on the male ends. However, it is a pain in the butt to
> clean the female ends. Is there a liquid which would clean
> the connectors? If not, I think I will replace the connectors
> rather than struggle cleaning them with a brush.

These are bullet-type connectors, right?  If so, then you can glue a bit
of sandpaper (wetordry, 200-600 grit) to a match stick or bamboo skewer
and stick in inside.  spin it around a few times and you should polish up
the connector nicely.

You can also get tiny burrs or wire brushes for Dremel tools.  They're
expensive for the size but they do a good job.

I always like the photo they have of a dremel tool polishing the
(outside!) of an automotive manifold... they don't tell you that it takes
about a week to get a nice finish with a dremel!  And that you burn out
the wire brush very quickly...

-Malcolm