Electronic Ignitions

To: triumph digest <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Electronic Ignitions
From: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@forbin.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 12:46:34 -0500
I run a Crane on my vintage racer. Works fine but I was not pleased with
the mounting system for the electronic parts inside the distributor. I
have two friends who fried their units from inadvertently leaving the
ignition switch on for a long time with the engine not running.

I just installed a Lumenition system on a TR6 engine. A much higher
quality piece, in my opinion. It has circuitry which prevents module
burnout in case you leave the ignition on but the engine is not running.
It also has a moulded bracket which fits the distributor plate exactly.
--
uncle jack in frigid iowa
TR4 Rallye Replica vintage racer