Re: Triumph Herald ??'s

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Triumph Herald ??'s
From: Scott Kohl <GT6@wvi.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 15:52:00 +0100
Hi, all.

The commonality of chassis/parts in the Herald range is of great
benefit when it comes to upgrades.  For myself, I'd go with a nicely
built (balanced, D.D. Weber, cam, header) 1300, j-type O/D, and a
UK-spec 3.63 Spit 1500 diff.  The original (early) Herald diff is so
weak that I'd replace it with a GT6 or late Spit diff anyway.  You
could go "6-ing", but as a GT6 owner, the six in a Harald family car
means a healthy appetite for drivetrains!  That's why I am waiting for
my issue of Grassroots with baited breath.  If my TR7 5 speed thing
works out, I'll send out the call for anyone that would like to try it
also.

Cheers

Scott Kohl
'69 GT6+

If I had a grand going spare, I'd grab it, IF it really is as
rust-free as you say.