Re: Triumph Herald ??'s

To: amace@unix2.nysed.gov
Subject: Re: Triumph Herald ??'s
From: lgmiceli@juno.com (Lawrence G Miceli)
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 19:51:38 EST
Cc: gumby@joshuanet.com, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, rovernet@ganglion.anes.med.umich.edu
Andy,

time to make a fiberglass replacement for the fiberboard dash in the
Heralds? My own dash is in good shape, with the exception of around the
demister vents, but is covered with vinyl as it has not visually "aged"
well. It wold seem to be a great project for a supplier to support if
there is a reasonable demand.

Also, it would be interesting to see what the values on these cars are
today. There seems to be lots interest in the model but little on its
value.   I know Chad Jester (a frequent poster to this list) has been
looking for a Herald/Vitesse for some time and he tells me that prices
seem to be all over the place. What do the books say? Are they more or
less valuable than a Spitfire?

Finally, I have seen the figure of 675 Vitesses imported, but does
anybody know how many Heralds were imported to the US?

Larry Miceli
'76 TR6
'73 Stag
'66 Herald