Re: Triumph Herald ??'s

To: Lawrence G Miceli <lgmiceli@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Triumph Herald ??'s
From: Spitfire 1500 <spitfire1500@named.dalton.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 01:05:47 -0500
Cc: amace@unix2.nysed.gov, gumby@joshuanet.com, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, rovernet@ganglion.anes.med.umich.edu
Lawrence G Miceli wrote:

> Also, it would be interesting to see what the values on these cars are
> today. There seems to be lots interest in the model but little on its
> value.   I know Chad Jester (a frequent poster to this list) has been
> looking for a Herald/Vitesse for some time and he tells me that prices
> seem to be all over the place. What do the books say? Are they more or
> less valuable than a Spitfire?
>
> Finally, I have seen the figure of 675 Vitesses imported, but does
> anybody know how many Heralds were imported to the US?
>
> Larry Miceli
> '76 TR6
> '73 Stag
> '66 Herald

Larry,
  The values for Heralds/Vitesses will be a bit lower than Spitfires
because of demand.  Most people know about Spits, but not about
Heralds/Vitesses.  Besides, most people will pay more for a sports car
than a sedan.  Hey, nobady flame me here, I also own a Sports 6, so just
chill out.  I'm just saying the general public usually has more passion
for open two-seaters than four seat cars.  The four place Sports 6 will
be an awesome addition to my Triumph collection because I will be able
to take my family with me.  It will never replace the Spit on passion
for me.  But as we all know, prices are set by supply and demand.  Don't
know how many Heralds were imported, but I bet there were more than 675!

Ron N.
Dalton, Ga
http://member.dalton.net/~spitfire1500
77 Spitfire 1500 - waiting for a main harness - FM66513UO
62 Vitesse/Sports 6 convertible - waiting for restoration - HB5635LCV
92 Ford Tempo GLS V6 (Ultimate Q-ship!) - 1FAPP38U1NK150073