RE: Smog tests?

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Smog tests?
From: Bob Wilson <Bob.Wilson@dssc.slg.eds.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 18:13:56 -0500
Its not that I don't agree with the intent of the laws, its that I
think the implementation is poor.  I want a cleaner environment.

I know I'll need a NOMEX suit but...

If I/you want a cleaner car then require the Big Dollar autoracing
events like NASCAR, IROC, and INDY meet tougher emission requirements.
That would give the auto manufacturers incentive to clean up the
passenger vehicles.

Same for better fuel efficiency.  Limit fuel usage in a race.

And in addition to that you'll get safer races.  But the cars won't
be going as fast.  But you'll be able to see more than just horsepower
and road handling technology trickle down to the passenger cars.

Bob Wilson
'74 TR6
'67 TR4A