RE: Smog tests?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Smog tests?
From: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 1996 21:27:59 -0400
Hey Nick,

While I can sympathize with your aversion with something that resembles
automotive proctology, keep in mind that no matter where you are, some-
body lives down-wind; maybe thousands of somebodies...and they'd probably
appreciate all cars, including yours, being tuned to maximum efficiency,
which is all that these `smog tests' are checking for anyway (aside from
the cursory safety test, ahead of the smog check; and you'd be surpriesed
at how many smokin', clankin' old junkers never make it thru THAT part !!)

My morning commute allows me to gaze down the river valleys towards Day-
ton, Ohio, and often there is a dirty orange-brown haze over the valley
that really can only be seen from miles away, with some elevation, but
it's not pretty, can make your eyes burn, and comes mostly from cars...
NOx, is the general class of oxides of Nitrogen, better known as smog,
along with `bad'(ground-level) ozone, etc,etc...just one of the prices
we all must pay, thru the nose, for our love affair with cars.

Time to get off my soapbox,
Tom Tweed
TR-250
SW Ohio