Re: Smog tests?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Smog tests?
From: BrianK@ttgwest.com (Brian Knopp)
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 16:56:19 -0500
At 03:25 PM 7/9/96 -0400, McGaheyRx@aol.com wrote:
>if zero emmission [sic] new cars become the law  of the land, I"ll probably
buy >one and plug it in;

  There ain't no such thing as a zero emission car.  Electric cars require
recharges at regular (and currently *frequent*) intervals.  How is that
electricity generated?  Currently, every industrial-scale source of
electricity of which I am aware causes pollution of one form or another.
And currently, so far as I know, one good volcanic eruption dumps more
"pollution" into the air than the entire industrialized world does in a good
year.  And volcanoes have been around a lot longer than lbc's have.

>SO IS'NT iT STUPID TO HAVE TO DO ALL THIS FOR CARS WE HARDLY EVER DRIVE OR
ONLY >DRIVE ON CLEAR DAYS ANYWAY !!??!!??

  IMHO, almost all government intervention into the lives of private
citizens is stupid.  I have to breathe the same air that everyone else does,
so why doesn't Uncle Sam a.k.a. Big Brother trust me to make my car run as
clean as possible?

  I now don my 5-layer reflectix armor, because I smell a flame war coming <g>.

Brian Knopp
Programmer
Travel Technologies Group