RE: Smog tests?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, ak627@dayton.wright.edu
Subject: RE: Smog tests?
From: kboetzer@auspex.com (Ken Boetzer)
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 1996 16:45:40 -0700

> My morning commute allows me to gaze down the river valleys towards Day-
> ton, Ohio, and often there is a dirty orange-brown haze over the valley
> that really can only be seen from miles away, with some elevation, but
> it's not pretty, can make your eyes burn, and comes mostly from cars...
> NOx, is the general class of oxides of Nitrogen, better known as smog,
> along with `bad'(ground-level) ozone, etc,etc...just one of the prices
> we all must pay, thru the nose, for our love affair with cars.
>
> Time to get off my soapbox,
> Tom Tweed
> TR-250
> SW Ohio

Toms point is WELL taken. We all need to remember one mans floor is another
mans ceiling. We don't live alone. My exhaust is not just my problem. If we
all drove our cars with a plastic bag over our heads that was connected to
the exhaust pipe of our car we would be a little more careful about what came
out and how much we drove. Given the increase in traffic in the L.A. basin
in the last 30 years it's a massive technical achievement that anyone can live
there at all. wheather or not this is an entirely good thing is a separate
debatable subject. And one I will leave to others. :-)

Cheers,

Ken Boetzer