RE: Removing "Locking Style" Lug Nuts

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Removing "Locking Style" Lug Nuts
From: Bob Wilson <Bob.Wilson@dssc.slg.eds.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 18:19:47 -0500
Alan,
 re: using the Dremel.  Been there.  It works.  It ain't pretty.  It
was a combination Dremel groves into those funky nuts and a big pipe
wrench.

A better alternative is to drive the car to one of your friendly local
tire dealerships(probably with title in hand) and have them take them
off.  Someone told me they have a handy generic lock nut remover that
fits on their impact wrenches that'll do the job.  My TR4A wasn't
rolling.

Bob
'74 TR6
'67 TR4A