Re: Gunson Gastester MK 2

Subject: Re: Gunson Gastester MK 2
From: Egil Kvaleberg <egilk@sn.no>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 21:14:00 GMT
Apparently-to: triumphs@autox.team.net
Newsgroups: mail.triumphs
On Tue, 9 Jul 1996 TTone007@AOL.COM wrote:

> I think the sensor wand goes on the top diaphram thingy, the 8" tube on the
> middle,

Isn't it the other way around? The sensor to the middle, and the 8" tube from
the top thingy down to the instrument proper thingy, where the actual
measurement is done. Methinks.....

You really should tape the manual (or a copy therof) to the instrument
itself ;-).

> I have calibrated it to "2" but I
> don't get any result when I pop it in my exhaust pipe  It  just stays on "2".

Which would indicate that it isn't pumping air.

> If I hit the switch, the needle pegs to the "check" position and just parks
> there. Is this just to verify 12v?

Yes.

> Am I supposed to hear a beep?

No.

Egil
--
Email: egilk@sn.no  Voice: +47 22523641, 92022780 Fax: +47 22525899
Snail: Egil Kvaleberg, Husebybakken 14A, 0379 Oslo, Norway