Brakes

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Brakes
From: sbrborg@umslvma.umsl.edu (Brian Borgstede)
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 1995 11:01:48 -0600
>>Was originally having problems with the pedal going almost
>>to the floor, but not every time, a very random sort of
>>thing.

>>Some days the brakes work perfectly, then on other days the pedal just
>>goes to floor on the first hit but not every time.
>
>That still sounds like air in the line to me. Have you flushed a LOT of fluid
>through your system? Believe-it-or-not, I've gone through over a GALLON
>of DOT 3 the past month or so, between my clutch and brakes.
>
>Also, how are you bleeding the system? If your pumping the pedal,
>One other comment: I've had to bleed my brakes quite often since replacing
>one of my rear cylinders. I left the brake system open and a LOT of fluid
>leaked out. The brakes would feel great for a day or two, then suddenly
>they'd

Do you bench bleed the MC ??
The rest of the systen won't bleed correctly if there is any air in the MC.
I have had streams of fluid coming out of the bleed screwes,
but soft pedal.

Brian Borgstede                 Voice: (314) 516-6180
AV Tech.  117A Lucas Hall       Fax:   (314) 516-5294
University of Missouri          sbrborg@umslvma.umsl.edu
      St. Louis