More Spitfire Woes

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net"@tin
Subject: More Spitfire Woes
From: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder lesnyd@monsanto.com 314-694-3626)
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 1995 10:51:01 -0500
I took the head off the Spit, had it surfaced, relapped the valves and put
it back on - then did a compression check:

150 - 150 - 60 - 150.

Crap!

Looks like a busted ring on #3 piston. I see from the book that it's possible
to remove the piston with the engine in situ, so I'm going to do that and
hopefully all will be clear. The bore looked OK. Maybe I can just put new
rings on it and put it back in. With that kind of compression on the other
cylinders, I don't believe a rebuild is in order here at all.

Right?

Larry
lesnyd@monsanto.com