Re: VTR "ET All"

To: TR250Driver@aol.com
Subject: Re: VTR "ET All"
From: James Carruthers <spitlist@mintylamb.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 01:45:07 +0100
I have great fun watching this happen all the time here in the UK.

The races where the Spitfires mix with everything else are especially
good - Jags charging up the straights only to find a gaggle of Spitfires
swarming around them in the corners... and then the Jags charge off...
and then the Spits catch them on the corners... etc...

Last year I was witness to a great race where a Spitfire was winning
against pretty much everything else - generally much bigger machinery.

Another great thing to watch are the Mini's at Goodwood compete with the
big fat Lincolns... huge hulking things that were never designed to go
around corners... there are some good photos on the web somewhere.

But still - the TRs are big brutes - but the Spitfires are far more
nippy around the corners. That's what I found - though if I had stuck to
the speed limit the Spitfire would have been just as quick and more
comfortable and easier to drive than the bouncy TR. I'd say the Spitfire
is the better >sports car< myself. For me this is driving down very
twisty roads very fast...

Actually I'd say the best car is the one I posted a video of earlier.
Spitfire with a 2.5PI engine moved back 6 inches - a hybrid of motoring
bliss... that particular one could do with some comforts though - going
deaf and loosing your hair can't be that fun... accelerated ageing
perhaps...

Still - wait until my new engine that I am building is in my own car -
that'll be motoring bliss!

James

69 Signal/Alfa Rosso Red Spit <<< monster in the making!