Re: The latest brouhaha about VTR...

To: Michael Porter <portermd@zianet.com>
Subject: Re: The latest brouhaha about VTR...
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 20:49:04 -0400
At 01:14 AM 5/26/2005 -0600, Michael Porter wrote:

>.. and elitism. I have a few comments.
>
>When John McCartney and I conspired to contrive a prize in honor of his
>father, the "Daily Driver" prize, the board of the VTR fought it, and
>the chief judge of that organization sought to turn it into a concours
>category prize.......

Excellent points!!!  I've gotten to the point where showing the cars is
a real downer.  I do 98% of my own work and can take pride in my cars.
Yes, when I show one, it's nice to be recognized for the effort (work)
I've put into it.

But I have to agree, it's great to have them driven.  Regretably, I haven't
put enough miles on my Morgan since I finished her in 92.

I'd rather see someone's car that has been modified, or what ever, dirty
from use, etc, than just a lot of money sitting on a show field.

John

Phone:  (757) 495-8229

                       65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan