Re: VTR "ET All"

To: ptegler@cablespeed.com, DPaige@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us,
Subject: Re: VTR "ET All"
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 11:18:27 EDT
In a message dated 5/25/2005 9:47:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ptegler@cablespeed.com writes:

>  love the 'ideal' of your statement of.... 'one club'.... for Triumphs,
> but......
>
> History has shown that simply doesn't work.  At almost all
> major events across the U.S. at least (AND on the various lists) ,
> the 'nose thumbing' of the big TR guys towards the Spitfire and
> GT6 has become intolerable. Considering the production volumes
> and runs, (1960 all the way through 1980), it's totally unwarranted.

Paul,
You know I have been around the block since 1989 attending National meets and
I have seen very little of the nose thumbing you speak of.  OK maybe the
marque specific clubs for Sixes, Side Screen Triumph's and Stags could give you
false impression. But they were founded for that unique purpose just like
NASS.  I have certainly seen none of this in VTR.  I have a 76 1500 and a 70 MK
3
that I have taken to VTR Nationals and I have enjoyed myself hanging out with
all the Spitfire Type Guys. No one looking down at me, and if they were I
would just tear them up on the Autocross course. Bill Mcdivits MK 1 Spitfire
has
done very well in VTR Concours including winning the very prestigious George
Rabey Preservation Award.  TR7 Guys could offer up the same complaint but my 81
TR7 was awarded BOS Concours in Portland, OR.  As long as I am Chief Judge
Spitfires will get a fair shake.

Where can I pay dues to Nass? I blew it and let my membership lapse.  I have
a GT6+ under construction and may need some help.

Thanks,
Darrell Floyd