Re: Highway driving

To: Andre Rousseau <andrer@mac.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Highway driving
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 11:22:04 -0600
> Do many of you take your cars on the highway?

I take my car on the freeway all the time-and it's great! I usually cruise at
around 75-80mph (which on L.A./SoCal freeways is pretty much the norm, btw) and
never any problem.

Sunday I was out with a friend in his '64 Spitfire (rhd) and we just zipped
around on the freeway at 70-75mph. He said he drives on the freeway without any
problem at all!

> It was great and scary all at the same time.

Maybe it was scary because you're not used to it. I have friends who when
they're on the freeway with me (as passengers) the first time, find it a bit
unsettling because of the noise, the way the other cars are so big etc. But
they get used to it-one friend of mine actually *sleeps* in the car now when
we're travelling somewhere on the freeway!

> But I dont think I want to push the car beyond those speeds or can the
> car handle them?

It depends on the car, the road conditions and the driver. As you learn your
new Spitfire, and all his or her quirks, and personality, you'll feel more
comfortable, I'm sure, with what it can do.

Laura G.
'78 Spitfire 1500 named "Nigel"

///