Re: Highway driving

To: Andre Rousseau <andrer@mac.com>
Subject: Re: Highway driving
From: Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.scranton.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 09:32:55 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 17 May 2001, Andre Rousseau wrote:

> Do many of you take your cars on the highway?

All the time.  Particularly driving to and from work.

> Last night I was going down a back road, I hit 80KM/H and felt that was
> fast enough.

I tend to drive faster than that even on back roads.  Since rebuilding
the whole frontend the car's handling has been superb and makes back road
driving a lot more fun.

> It was great and scary all at the same time.
>
> But I dont think I want to push the car beyond those speeds or can the
> car handle them?

On the highway I easily cruise at 65-70 MPH.  Engine is only taching
about 4K.  I have had it up to 85, but I wouldn't drive it that fast
often or for very long.  Now, if I could find an overdrive tranny I
could afford......

bill

bill@cs.scranton.edu     |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |