Re: RE: Highway driving

To: "Graziano, Michael" <michael.graziano@csfb.com>,
Subject: Re: RE: Highway driving
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 11:52:39 -0600
> [mgraziano] - That's part of the fun of an LBC.  The fun of driving at
> 130mph at only 75mph!!!!!

Ah yes...the illusion of speed! Jerry Seinfeld once said in an interveiw that
he would rather drive at 30mph on a Vespa than 100mph in a Porsche because it's
the illusion of speed that's so thrilling. (My kind of guy!)

> [mgraziano] - That's anywhere.  At least the spit's bigger than a Midget.
> It can be fun throwing around these little cars on a highway, avoiding
> tractor trailers, SUV moms, and crappy immigrant mobiles

Or, when you're on the freeway and meet a 'driving buddy'-someone that you
don't know, but you end up driving together up the freeway-watching out for
each other, challenging each other a bit. Once, when I was going to the desert
in June (it was my birthday) there was a big, black Dodge SUV. When he/she saw
that I could keep up with them, the window came down the I got a thumbs up. We
had a ball, driving up the freeway. When they finally turned off, the window
came down again and I got another thumbs up and a wave! This comraderie happens
really quite often and makes for some great freeway driving!

 (that's what we
> call the '78 chebby Monte Carlo held together with twine being driven by
> illegal immigrants with no insurance, or license for that matter).

(Out here, they're usually Ford Mavericks! I used to have one!)

But the
> consequences can be fatal if you get carried away , or just careless.
> Welcome to New York.

I can imagine-I once had to drive through Newark to New York on a Friday
afternoon-the forst day of a threee day, Fourth of July weekend! Wild!!!

Laura G.

///