Re: Oil coolers and rocker feeders

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, wizardz@maxinter.net
Subject: Re: Oil coolers and rocker feeders
From: "Dean Dashwood" <ddashwoo@ect.enron.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 10:07:43 +0100

Oil cooler - Yes.  I think the DPO must have had cooling problems, because I
have an oil cooler, electric fan, and the old fan on the water pump.  The engine
was rebuilt fairly recently, and I've never even come close to overheating
(except when a coolant pipe started leaking, but that's different...)

Rocker oil feed - No.  I always thought (and I'm ready to be corrected on this
one) that the design of the engine was such that sufficient oil got to the
rockers anyway, via other routes (up the side of the pushrods?) and this mod
does not give you any advantages unless you have other mods which increase your
redline.

Dean