Re: Oil coolers and rocker feeders

To: "Barry Schwartz" <bschwart@pacbell.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil coolers and rocker feeders
From: "RALPH JANNELLI" <RALPH.JANNELLI@Prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 15:56:28 -0400
The oil for the rockers is indeed "pumped" up there by the rear of cam shaft
bearing area. Assuming that the capacity of this "pump" is sufficient then
there will be a certain amount of back pressure caused by this restricted
area reducing the flow. by opening this up the flow restriction is them
limited by the rocker shaft oilway the same as the external oil feed kit.
However the external oil feed kit does use the main oil galley as its source
possibly reducing pressure to the bearings.

Ralph Jannelli